Things To Do
Apex offers an abundance of activities for all ages. You can stroll along and shop in our historic downtown – or drive a short distance to several major shopping centers offering some of the finest shopping in the Southeastern United States. Have a family picnic in one of the local parks—or go camping, fishing or boating at area lakes. If you’re a fan of sports, you can attend any number of amateur and professional sporting events ranging from high school programs to top-notch ACC athletics, and all the way up to major league NHL hockey.
Apex Farmers Market
- Order online at FeedApex.org for weekly pick up in Downtown Apex. Pre-Orders only, touch free pick-up!
- Baked goods
- Bath and body products
- Fresh fruit
Small Business Saturday
The event was created by American Express in 2009 and has gained support and awareness with local communities and helps them thrive during the holiday season while boosting their local economy.
- Occurs annually on the Saturday after Thanksgiving
- In partnership with the Apex Chamber of Commerce
- Click here for more information on this year's event
Other Activities In and Around Apex
- Booth Amphitheatre
- Duke University Athletics
- Duke Energy Center for Performing Arts
- Durham Bulls
- Durham Performing Arts Center
- Halle Cultural Arts Center of Apex
- Harris Lake
- Jordan Lake
- NC Museum of Art
- NC Museum of Natural Sciences
- NC Museum of History
- NC State Athletics
- NC Symphony
- NHL Carolina Hurricanes
- Red Hat Amphitheater
- Town of Apex Parks and Recreation
- UNC Athletics
- Umstead State Park
- Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
For even more information, including a calendar of events, please visit the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau.