- Town Departments
- Transportation & Infrastructure Development
- Roadway Design
- Road Rehabilitation Projects
Road Rehabilitation Projects
The town contracts with a private firm every three years to obtain a pavement condition survey determining which streets need to be resurfaced, and what amount of work is required. From that report, a number of neighborhoods are selected for resurfacing each year.
What to Expect
- If your neighborhood is part of this year’s schedule (see list below), you will receive notice 1-3 days prior to the start of work.
- Weather permitting, work will take 2-4 weeks to complete, and will typically be performed 7 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- This work is done in two phases. The top layer of asphalt will be removed, followed by the paving operation.
During the Project
- You will have access to your driveway at all times.
- Solid waste collection and postal delivery services will not be interrupted by this work.
- Please do not park along the street while the project is underway. If necessary, vehicles will be moved to complete the work.
- Drive slowly (5 miles per hour) if you enter a freshly paved area, and avoid turning abruptly.
- Please keep all yard debris out of the street / curb.
2022 Resurfacing Contract Includes Additional Curb Ramp Work
Neighborhoods addressed in the 2022 contract include Abbington, Cameron Park, and Carriage Downs. Per the Town’s 2022 ADA Transition Plan and in accordance with guidance from the US Department of Justice and Federal Highway Administration, all streets being resurfaced in the 2022 contract will include removal / replacement of any curb ramps not meeting current standards with the latest Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Public Right of Way Accessibility Guidelines (PROWAG).
- In most cases, this requires concrete removal and replacement.
- Property owners should flag any irrigation sprinkler heads / lines that are located near or next to existing sidewalks.
- While the contractor will work carefully to avoid irrigation heads / lines, any impacts to private irrigation inside public right of way are not subject to replacement by the Town.
2021 Resurfacing Contract
Work continues in the 2021 Annual Resurfacing Contract, which includes the following neighborhoods:
- Brittany Trace
- Charleston Village
- Dogwood Ridge
- Homestead Park
- Hunter Valley
- Justice Heights
- Kelly West
- Meadows at Walden Creek
- Pearson Farms
- Perry Farms
- Salem Woods
- St James Village
- Sugarland Run
- Surrey Meadows
- Sutton Place
- Walden Creek
Woods at Walden Creek