Affordable Housing Plan
The Town of Apex Affordable Housing Plan will:
- Establish a vision and goals related to affordable housing,
- Analyze needs based on existing conditions and trends, and
- Provide recommendations with an action plan for implementation.
HR&A Advisors, Inc. will develop this plan for the Town. Throughout the planning process, the public can get up-to-date information on opportunities for engagement and learn more about the plan itself by visiting the tabs below.
Your input is important! There are many ways you can be a part of the planning process. Check back for updates, or provide your email to receive a notice when new opportunities are announced.
- The Affordable Housing Plan Survey was open from July 17, 2020 to August 31, 2020. Nearly 1,200 people participated! Check out what people shared using the links below.
- Plans are underway for a virtual public presentation of the draft plan this winter. Sign up for email updates to be sure you receive notice of this opportunity to review the draft Affordable Housing Plan.
Development of the Affordable Housing Plan will take about nine months. The plan kicked off with data gathering in May 2020 and should be completed by January 2021.
Plan documents will be posted here for review and comment. Subscribe below to receive an email notice when new material is posted.
Housing Needs Assessment
A Housing Needs Assessment was conducted to identify the primary affordable housing issues in Apex. The Housing Needs Assessment will inform plan recommendations and was intended to answer the following questions:
- What are the most pressing issues related to housing affordability in Apex?
- What policies or market trends are driving these issues?
- Who is and is not served by Apex’s housing market?
View the Housing Needs Assessment here.
Public Input Summary
An online survey and interviews were conducted to gather initial public input related to housing affordability and possible recommendations in Apex. This input will inform the draft plan. Check out what people shared using the links below.
Affordable Housing Fact Sheet
Any questions or comments can be sent to Shannon Cox, Long Range Planning Manager, at Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org.